Statement of Confidence
This statement demonstrates IVS’ commitment to providing credible certification and verification services to industry. IVS is an accredited body and meets existing obligations to MPI BNZ as an Independent Verification Agency and Approved Training Provider. IVS is also a duly authorised body by New Zealand Customs to issue Certificates of Origin under New Zealand’s Free Trade Agreements.
Following the best international technical and management systems standards, IVS services and staff are recognised for technical competence and effective quality processes. IVS operate a continuous improvement model in the delivery of quality and services in compliance with the principles of ISO 9000 Quality Management and Quality Assurance Standards.
IVS is formally recognised for meeting standards of quality, performance, technical expertise, competence and professional judgement. IVS operates to government regulations, national and international standards, and in accordance with the strict criteria of an accredited inspection and interpretation body.
IVS is responsible for implementing and exercising all functions of a robust quality assurance system to safeguard, account for and effectively support importers and exporters working in the New Zealand Biosecurity System.
Our Experience and Qualifications
Chief Executive, Peter Webb, and Quality Manager, Stephen Mansfield, lead the highly qualified and experienced IVS technical team. With backgrounds in biosecurity certification, MPI Quarantine Service and international accreditation the IVS foundations are strengthened by expert knowledge and a broad spectrum of experience across the biosecurity supply chain.
- IVS hold ISO 17020 accreditation (General criteria for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection)
- The Joint Accreditation System of Australia & New Zealand (JAS-ANZ) have approved the accreditation of IVS as a Conformity Assessment Body providing IVA/Export Phytosanitary Certification Services
- IVS is a Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry approved Independent Verification Agency for exporters
- IVS is a MPI Accredited Person Training provider & Operator Training provider for importers and is an approved private training establishment [PTE] under the NZQA framework
- IVS is a duly authorised body by New Zealand Customs for the issue Certificates of Origin under New Zealand’s Free Trade Agreements.
Our Operating Environment and People
The IVS operating framework encompasses systems, process, culture and values by which the IVS team undertake services and engage with industry. The IVS team are committed to:
- Act with independence, impartiality and integrity
- Uphold the highest level of customer satisfaction and professional standards
- Maintain technical competence and knowledge
- Keep customers up to date with regulation, standards or rule changes
- Providing efficient and value for money services
- Carry out services in an efficient and reliable manner